Obesity is becoming a major health concern. It is growing with time. It is not only targeting adults but children are also getting affected from this. A number of factors are responsible for this such as change in the lifestyle, poor eating habits like fast food and junk food is preferred today just for ease. Lack of exercise is also a major cause of this problem. It’s possible to get rid of from this problem by understanding obesity. By understanding obesity facts the problem can be sorted out easily.
• Obesity is a chronic condition that reduces an individual’s life by 5 to 20 years. It means that increasing in the obesity cases will leave devastating impact on the quality of life. It will reduce average life of a person.
• It is a medical condition that arises due to the excess body fat. It leaves adverse effects on the body and leads to many problems.
• Obesity increase the chances of many diseases such as heart related diseases, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, osteoarthritis and certain types of cancer.
• Obesity is commonly caused by excessive food energy intake although some genetic factors and our body metabolism also work behind this.
• If anybody is suffering from obesity then this is the best time to reduce weight as prolonged bearing of excess body weight can lead to many chronic health problems.
• It is always helpful to take the advice of a doctor before reducing the weight. BMI (body mass index) can help there as it describes that what should be an appropriate weight of a person according to the age and height.
The causes of obesity must be known to everyone so that he can take appropriate steps.
• Inherited genes
• Body metabolism
• Poor eating habits
• Lack of exercise
• Psychological factors
• Some guidelines can be helpful in treating the condition
• Calculation of BMI
• Medications, after consulting with doctors
• Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes
The severity of the condition depends on the symptoms. If a person is suffering from other health disorders such as diabetes, thyroidism, heart diseases etc. as these conditions are also associated with obesity then the treatment must be carried out more intensely so that the side effects can be avoided.
• Early diagnose of the problem can help to get rid of easily. Fast food, junk food and sedentary lifestyle are genuine causes of the problem. Fat free food is helpful in this case. Green vegetable and nutritious diet must be taken. One can get aware of this by understanding obesity causes.
• Children must be encouraged to involve in the physical activities. It’s possible to avoid the problem by understanding obesity facts. Children should be encouraged to participate in outdoor activities like volleyball, cricket, football, jogging, running, swimming etc. If after, all these efforts you find yourself unable to reduce the weight then surgery is also a last option.
For more information related to this please visit : understanding obesity facts, medical animation and understanding obesity